ACMI excursion – Max

Yesterday, Tuesday 29th of July, I went on an excursion to ACMI in Melbourne, to study stop animation. We arrived a bit late to the workshop so I had to rush through the introduction. The main activity at the workshop was to split into groups of four and create a short 30-60 second Claymation film. The first stage was to plan out and storyboard the film…things like what characters and what happens; then we started to create the characters and props to use in the film. It’s worth noting that during one of the lunch breaks we went into Screen World which was just one floor down from the workshop.

One of the plasticine models

One of the plasticine models

After our lunch break we started to animate, (our puppets were a bit challenged when it came to walking.) After the tedious animating of our little project we then moved onto adding the sound, (to me that probably was the easiest part.) After we finished our film we watched each other’s films, then we finished off the day and drove back to school.
If I had a chance to redo this excursion, I would give myself more time to work on the activities.
Max.