More Than One Way To Tell A Story

Greetings from beautiful Ballarat.

This blog will be used to share our reflections, thoughts and recount as students from our three schools (Yuille Park, Wendouree & Mount Blowhard) share in our media project, “More Than One Way To Tell A Story”.  Over Terms 2 & 3, we will participate in a variety of workshops with presenters skilled in different aspects of storytelling. Students will use these experiences to tell their own stories with the theme: People We Admire. These stories could be shared as comics, oral presentations, short films, stop-motion animation, documentary-style interviews, raps or other media choices negotiated by the students.

In October, students, staff and families from our school communities will gather to celebrate with a showcase  of our stories. We hope you enjoy sharing our journey with us.

3 thoughts on “More Than One Way To Tell A Story

1. Hi There

I came across your blog while looking for posts to share with our Edublogs and Global 2 community. Love the idea of how you are using the blog to connect with your community.

You may find the website 50 Ways to Tell a Story has some great activities that you could use with your students – http://50ways.wikispaces.com/ Most of the online tools mentioned on 50 Ways to Tell a Story can be embedded into blog posts. Let us know if you would like the instructions on how to embed media.

Hope this has helped.

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    Support Manager
    Edublogs | CampusPress

2. CASS reflection by Tom
    Dave Gibb
    I learnt that Dave Gibb was a really good cartooning person and that I was a good drawer and that I knew what to do and I could keep up to what he was doing and helping with some kids experience in cartooning.
    We did some drawing with Dave Gibb it was fun and cool. I drew a dog and so did Dave.
    I think the sessions would be better if we could have more sessions with Dave Gibb.